Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Letter O....by (Angela) Jean

Monday's Letter of the Day was O.

We celebrated O all day long.

We made Oatmeal Cookies.

We found orange vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, as well as the last of orange heirloom tomatoes, and made soup with them.

aren't they gorgeous?
We made a list of O words, and found things around the house that start with O.

We talked about places that start with the letter O.

Mama: Mimi, did you know that where we live starts with the letter O. 
Amelia: Yes, I did.
Mama: You did? Good for you! What is the O word? (I was looking for either our city or province, both of which happen to start with O)
Amelia: Oh Canada!

While Otie had his nap, Amelia and I had some playdoh time. We made things that started with O.


Amelia worked on her creation for quite a while.
Mama: What is it, Mimi? 
Amelia: Guess!
Mama: I don't know. I'm stumped.
Amelia: It's a scary alligator.
Mama: I like it a lot, but weren't we trying to make things that start with O?
Amelia: It does.
Mama: It does?
Amelia: Yes, Mama. It's my OWN thing and OWN starts with O.
Touché.

No comments:

Post a Comment