Saturday, April 02, 2011

Chic Babushkas & The Workroom...by (Angela) Jean

Does this ever happen to you?
You find yourself in a bit of a creative rut, but then magically, you stumble across something new that instantly starts the creative juices flowing again? Your fingers get itchy, and your heart begins to beat a little faster?  Does your mind start racing with all the things you want to create?
In case you need a little inspiration to get started on your next project, or you're just in the mood to see some pretty things, let me share one of my recent finds.
I have a friend named Irina. She is brilliantly creative and never ceases to inspire me. She introduced me to Japanese Paper many years ago, and when Shawn and I were planning our wedding we commissioned her to use some of our favourite Japanese Paper to design our stationary and invitations. These original collages remain among our most precious possessions. 



We have other pieces of her artwork all over our house.



These days, her talents are mostly focused on print-making, sewing, knitting and crocheting and she and I share a passion for beautiful fabric. The last time she came to visit she brought me some gorgeous pieces from here and left with a bag full of fabric from my stash. (Is there anything more fun than a good stash swap?)
Irina had been telling me about The Workroom for some time, but until recently, I hadn’t had a chance to check out their website. I spent a few minutes salivating over their beautiful fabric and now I can’t wait to get to the store. When I do, I’ll tell you all about it.
Here is the quilt I finished tonight using some of Irina’s fabric and some from my own collection.

aren't those little rocket ships adorable?


It’s for a special baby named Atticus. I hope he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment