Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crayon Cups....by (Angela) Jean

We are on a bit of a crayon-melting streak around here.

I've been storing all our broken crayons in a jar in my craft cupboard for a while now, and since we ended up with an abbreviated Field Trip Friday, we had some time on our hands on Friday afternoon. Time to get melty!

We peeled off all the labels and sorted them all by colour. (The colour sorting is purely optional, of course)
We filled our silcone baking cups.


I put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 225 degrees F.
We let them cool for a few minutes, and then popped them out.
The original plan was to use them for colouring, but so far, they have mostly been used for making towers, playing 'pretend cupcake shop', and picnic food for the stuffies.

1 comment:

  1. The sorted crayons is my favourite picture. Makes me want to try this craft. Much nicer than the slab of melted crayons my family used to do as kids.

    ReplyDelete