Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Forward...by (Angela) Jean

Spring is here! Or is it?
To investigate the rumour regarding the arrival of my favourite season, the kids and I took a stroll around our neighbourhood, searching for signs of spring.  
 We looked high and low...
 At first, the path looked drab and grey, but when we slowed down and really paid attention we found crocus vernus and tulips peeking out of the mulched flower beds.

We found more green shoots growing in our own backyard. These are daylilies.

And this is my Ludwig Spaeth lilac. It was the very first shrub I planted when we moved to this house. I was very disappointed when it didn't bloom at all last year. I'm hoping for a better show this year.

It's hard to tell if dark purple blooms are hiding in there. Only time will tell. I promise to keep you updated.

I am so ready for spring to be here. So much so that I have jump-started my vegetable garden this year and am growing everything from seed inside (but that's another post entirely)

I'm so grateful for the increasing daylight and I love the way our little street seems so much wider now that the snowbanks have all melted away. I even saw a bunny in my neighbour's yard as I walked home from the bus stop Friday evening. 

It's not quite here yet, but it's coming. I can feel it in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment